CRI Nonprofit Seminar: Practical and Timely Updates for 501(c)(3) Organizations
November 5 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CDT
Join CRI and Level Four Wealth Management Partners in conjunction with Jean Block Consulting for an in-person, complimentary seminar illustrating the recent tax and audit updates regarding 501(c)3 organizations. This four-part workshop will include the following sessions: Tax, Board, Audit, and Planned Giving. Each session will span from the basic principles of the topic at hand to higher-level expectations, preparations, and best practices. Attendees will be eligible for up to 8 CPE credits.
- The objective of the tax session is to give participants an understanding of the importance of Form 990, 990-EZ, and 990-PF returns as both compliance and marketing tools. Participants will also learn how to record and report donation income, officers, directors, and key employees’ compensation, as well as written donor acknowledgment letters.
- The objective of the board session is to give participants a working knowledge of best practices for boards, expectations of board members, and the basics of fundraising.
- The objective of the audit session is to provide participants with an understanding of financial statements, best practices, and tips for dealing with cybersecurity. Participants will also learn what to expect and how to prepare for an audit.
- The objective of the planned giving session is to give participants an overview of the different types of planned giving methods available and the importance of sound asset management.
- Ray Roberts, Partner
- Rhonda Williams, Partner
- Jean Block, Jean Block Consulting
- Marshall Barclay, Level Four Wealth Management
Fields of Study: Tax (2.0), Auditing (2.0), Specialized Knowledge (4.0) | Prerequisites: None | Advanced Preparation: None | Program Level: Basic | Delivery Method: Group Live | No fees required. For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact dwood@CRIcpa.com.