Garrett is involved with closely held businesses and their owners on tax compliance, planning, and consulting. Given the closely held business structure, he also works on the planning and compliance related to the transition of the business to the next generation of new ownership. Garrett’s clients are primarily in the agricultural, real estate, and service-related industries. As a result of his experience, dedication, and communication, his clients obtain a high level of satisfaction.
Years of Experience
University of South Florida, Bachelor’s
Professional & Civic Leadership
- Board of Directors for Lakewood Ranch Community Fund
- Board of Directors for Florida’s West Coast Broadcasting (WEDU)
- Advisory Board Member for University of South Florida Sarasota Manatee College of Business
- FICPA Fed Tax Committee Member
- FICPA International Taxation Committee Member
- FICPA University of South Florida Conference Committee Member
- Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance Community Engagement Committee Member
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Garrett Shinn AROUND TOWN
Manatee Community Foundation Board of Directors
CRI Partner Garrett Shinn joined the Manatee Community Foundation’s board of directors for a three-year term. The Manatee Community Foundation focuses on enhancing its community through philanthropy, education, and service. Garrett has become an integral part of furthering the foundation's endeavors and continuing effective leadership roles.