Scott is an accomplished insurance partner, adept at servicing both traditional insurance carriers and specialized alternative risk structures, such as captive insurance. His extensive range of services encompasses not only the fundamental aspects of auditing and tax preparation but also extends to specialized advisory services. These include premium tax assistance and the consulting and preparation of NAIC statements, underscoring his profound expertise in the insurance sector.
Further enriching his professional portfolio, Scott has a significant background in the construction and manufacturing industries, offering a broad array of services from auditing to financial statement reviews. His diverse experience endows him with a unique versatility, enabling him to deeply understand and empathetically address clients’ specific needs, offering them tailored and innovative solutions.
Years of Experience
North Carolina State University, Bachelor’s
North Carolina State University – Greensboro, Master’s
Professional & Civic Leadership
- Member of the AICPA Women’s Initiatives Executive Committee
- Member of the NCACPA’s Advocacy and Government Relations Committee
- Member of the NCCIA Conference Planning Committee
- Conference Planning Committee Chair for the North Carolina Captive Insurance Association
- Member of the North Carolina Association of CPAs – Advocacy and Representation Committee
- Former Chair of the Young CPA Cabinet
- Former member of Council – AICPA
- Former member of Women’s’ Initiatives Executive Committee
- Board Member of the IASA (Carolinas Chapter)
- Member of the ISACA
- Member of the ACFE
- Member of the AICPA and NCACPA
- Member of the Pullen Memorial Baptist Church – Development Committee
- Treasurer and Member of the Board of Directors for the North Carolina Captive Insurance Association
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
NC CPA License #32763
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
AICPA Leadership Academy (2010)
INSIGHTS FROM Scott Bailey
IRS Continues Pursuit of 831(b) Micro-captives in Tax Court Wins
Building Your Ideal Captive Board
It Figures Podcast: S4:E11 – Labor Market Changes and Effects
ORSA Requirements Help Insure a Comprehensive Understanding of Risks and Solvency
Tax Preparers: The Hero Your Company Needs!
It Figures Podcast: S4:E1 – Adding Value To Your Internal Audit
Spotlight on Controls and Internal Audit Departments
3 Benefits of Creating a Captive Insurance Company
Captive Insurance Taxation
It Figures Podcast: S2:E15 – Insurance Compliance and Regulatory Examination Process...
2021 Insurance Update: What’s Next?
USDA Issues Final Rules on Hemp Production
Unique Compliance Aspects of Risk Retention Groups
Scott Bailey AROUND TOWN
Florida Cannabis Law Seminar
CRI Partner Scott Bailey spoke to the University of Florida School of Law on March 19, 2022, regarding the finance and banking implications for cannabis businesses.